Apache CLA short for Apache Contributor License Agreement, the purpose of this agreement is to clearly define the terms under which intellectual property has been contributed to the ASF and thereby allow us to defend the project should there be a legal dispute regarding the software at some future time. A signed ICLA is required to be on file before an individual is given commit rights to any ASF project.
The process of submitting ICLA are:
1. First, click the link Apache Licenses and find CLAs under the Contributor License Agreements section.
2. At the top of the page, there are two download links choose ICLA(Individual Contributor License Agreement) and download it.
3. Open the PDF, and fill in the following columns in English.
To be noticed:
- Leave a space between family name and last name, remember capitalize the first letter, please write family name at first.
- Preferred Apache id(s) is a required field for committers.
4. The signature at the bottom of the document: Apache only accept hand-written signature or gpg signature, here we suggest choosing hand-written way. Print the document and sign your name on the paper, or use electric pen.