The following code of conduct is based on full compliance with ASF CODE OF CONDUCT.
- Write codes with heart. Pursue clean, simplified and extremely elegant codes. Agree with concepts in <Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code> and <Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship>.
- Be familiar with codes already had, to keep consistent with the style and use.
- Highly reusable, no duplicated codes or configurations.
- Delete codes out of use in time.
Contributor Covenant Submitting of Conduct
- Make sure all the test cases are passed, Make sure
./mvnw -T 1C clean install can be compiled and tested successfully.
- Make sure the test coverage rate is not lower than the master branch.
- Make sure to check codes with Checkstyle. codes that violate check rules should have special reasons. Find checkstyle template from
https://github.com/apache/shardingsphere/blob/master/src/resources/checkstyle.xml, please use checkstyle
8.8 to run the rules.
- Careful consideration for each
pull request; Small and frequent
pull request with complete unit function is welcomed.
- Conform to
Contributor Covenant Code of Conduct below.
- If using IDEA，you can import the recommended Settings.
Contributor Covenant Code of Conduct
- Use linux line separators.
- Keep indents (including blank lines) consistent with the previous one.
- Keep one blank line after class definition.
- No meaningless blank lines. Please extract private methods to instead of blank lines if too long method body or different logic code fragments.
- Use meaningful class, method and variable names, avoid to use abbreviate.
- Return values are named with
result; Variables in the loop structure are named with
entry in map.
- Exceptions when catch are named with
ex; Exceptions when catch but do nothing are named with
- Name property files with
Spinal Case(a variant of
Snake Case which uses hyphens
- to separate words).
- Split codes that need to add notes with it into small methods, which are explained with method names.
- Have constants on the left and variable on the right in
equals conditional expressions; Have variable on the left and constants on the right in
greater than and
less than conditional expressions.
- Beside using same names as input parameters and global fields in assign statement, avoid using
- Design class as
final class except abstract class for extend.
- Make nested loop structures a new method.
- Order of members definition and parameters should be consistent during classes and methods.
- Use guard clauses in priority.
- Minimize the access permission for classes and methods.
- Private method should be just next to the method in which it is used; Multiple private methods should be in the same as the appearance order of original methods.
null parameters or return values.
- Replace if else return and assign statement with ternary operator in priority.
- Replace constructors, getters, setter methods and log variable with lombok in priority.
LinkedList in priority. Use
ArrayList for use index to get element only.
- Use capacity based
Collection such as
HashMap must indicate initial capacity to avoid recalculate capacity.
- Use English in all the logs and javadoc.
- Include Javadoc, todo and fixme only in the comments.
public classes and methods need javadoc, other methods, classes and override methods do not need javadoc.
- conditional operator( ? : )
nested use is forbidden.
Contributor Covenant Unit Test of Conduct
- Test codes and production codes should follow the same kind of code of conduct.
- Unit test should follow AIR (Automatic, Independent, Repeatable) principle.
- Automatic: Unit test should run automatically, not interactively. Check test result manually and
log are prohibited, use assert to check test results.
- Independent: Call each other and sequence dependency during unit test cases are prohibited. Every test case should run independent.
- Repeatable: Unit test case should not dependency external environment, they can run repeatable.
- Unit test should follow BCDE (Border, Correct, Design, Error) design principle.
- Border: Border value test, test for loop border, special value and value sequence to get expect result.
- Correct: Correct value test, test for correct value to get expect result.
- Design: Design with production codes.
- Error: Error value test, test for error input, exception to get expect result.
- Without particular reasons, test cases should be fully covered.
- Every test case need precised assertion.
- Environment preparation codes should be separate from test codes.
- Only those that relate to junit
Mockito can use static import.
- For single parameter asserts,
assertNotNull should be used.
- For multiple parameter asserts,
assertThat should be used.
- For accurate asserts, try not to use
containsString to make assertions.
- Actual values of test cases should be named
actualXXX, expected values
- Class for test case and
@Test annotation do not need javadoc.
Contributor Covenant G4 Code of Conduct
- Common Conduct
- Every line cannot over
200 chars, guarantee every line have complete semantics.
- Lexer Conduct
- Every rule should be in single line, no empty line between rules.
- Rule of lexer name should capitalization. If name composite with more than one word, use
underline to separate. Rule name of
Symbol should end with
underline. If rule name is conflicted with ANTLR’s keyword, should take an
underline behind rule name.
- For private rule in lexer should use
fragment, rule with
fragment should define behind of public rule which they served.
- Common rule of lexer should put in file
Keyword.g4, every database may has customized rule file by themselves. For example:
- Parser Conduct
- After every rule finish, blank line should no indents.
- No space before rule name definition. One space between
colon and rule,
semicolon should take a new line and keep indents (including blank lines) consistent with the previous one.
- If a rule’s branch is over than
5, every branch take a new line.
- Rule name of parser should same with java variable’s camel case.
- Define separate files for every SQL type, file name should consist of
SQL type +
Statement. For example: